Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 1... not so bad!

Today started the 2009 Diet. I had a pretty good day. Tomorrow will be better, and the next even better. Whenever I am motivated and start my program I always allow for rewards. My rewards are still within plan but something that I wouldn't normally eat during the week. Usually Sat or Sun. I wanted to share something that is really good. I try to follow Weight Watchers so I will share things that have points attached for anyone else who is doing WW. I will reward myself with this on Sunday so I have all week to shop for the ingrediets. I hope you all have a great week!!

Gimme S'more Sundae

PER SERVING (entire sundae): 175 calories, 2g fat, 109mg sodium, 38.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 24g sugars, 3.5g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

S'mores and ice cream?!? Prepare yourself for chocolatey graham-tastic marshmallow mania!




Ingredients:
1/2 cup Breyers Double Churn Free French Chocolate fat-free ice cream
2 tbsp. Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme (only 1 tbsp. will actually end up on your sundae), room temperature
2 low-fat honey graham crackers (half a sheet), lightly crushed
1 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
Place ice cream in a dessert bowl. Set aside. Carefully place marshmallow creme into one of the bottom corners of a Ziploc baggie. Use scissors to snip a tiny hole from the outside end of that corner, and squeeze 1 tbsp. of the creme (the rest will stick to the bag!) over your ice cream in a drizzle. Then top with the graham cracker pieces and chocolate chips. Finish it all off with a generous squirt of the Reddi-whip. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Tip! If your marshmallow creme is less-than-fresh or fridge temperature, warm creme in the microwave for about 10 - 15 seconds (just long enough to soften it).

Keep Smiling!
Kim :)

5 comments:

deb said...

OMG that sounds soooooooo yummy!!!!!!!!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Sounds sooo good Kim. Thanks for the recipe. Your on the list. Sorry about that. I'm glad you told me.

Jenessa said...

i joined sharon too. i love that you are going to reward yourself too, sometimes we just forget to do that. :)

Carol said...

OMG that sounds delicious...I think I could be good all week for that at the end. Thanks Kim.

Kris said...

Oh that sounds so good Kim! I have a major sweet tooth, so I will for sure be trying that out!
Thanks and good luck to you!