Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Quilt Camp/Laughlin!!

We had a blast at camp! We sewed, we ate, we gambled ( well some of us ) and fun was had by all 41 of us.
This is a pic of .. yes me, there ya go now you know the face behind the typing. I am holding my table runner without the borders on yet. After I got it together my border was too light and got lost. I will be putting the border on and showing it finished later. I chose to do the star you could also do a tumbling block. Some of the girls thought the block was easier.
Remember my last post when I was sewing all those strips? Well we took those strips and you weave them in a special form to create these stars.. it was well.. to some not much fun.. we all managed to get through it though. Here is a pic up close you see the star formation from the weaving.
This is Ms. Susie. Susie hosted our camp and had helpers. She had lots of fun, games and prizes. I took her picture with the samples she and some others made to show us how the finished project would look. Susie is just as sweet as can be.




Posted by PicasaThis is from left to right, Judy, Loretta and Susie. They were so great. Running around helping everyone, keeping us all on time to our meals and handing out prize after prize... I actually won... a 54X70 piece of warm and natural!! I was very excited. Now just need to sandwhich it ....


I have been trying to get everything organized. I am working on several projects and need to stay on track... do any of you have tips on how you do that? I have my cupcake swap, my applique sampler for my freinds website and ALL my WIP's ... plus, now I will be helping with next years camp. I was very happy that they wanted me to be a helper. this picture to the left is a quilt that one of the girls brought to work on after she finished her runner... isn't it just too cute. I love the 30's fabrics. I did some fast block with a charm pack.. I am sure you have seen it before. Take your charms and make a nine patch, cut down the middle and across the middle and you have 4 new blocks to arrange how you like. When I get the borders on I will post a pic. I have talked your ear off enough for one night. I will be back! Until then...

Keep Smiling!

Kimbo :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the runner! Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your going strong with the blogging!!!! Keep it up!