Monday, September 8, 2008

Disaster, Airmail and a BIG SURPRISE!!

I come home for lunch most everyday... today when I drove up the street I noticed my trash was everywhere... yes EVERYWHERE, I only wish I was quick with the draw and took a pic... I guess we had a 10 min wind storm and it took my trash cans from around the garage and whipped them down the street.. My wonderful neighbor... AKA my grandma, went down the hill to retrieve my trash cans and bags and got as far as the driveway... she is soooo sweet. My first thought is I have no idea what the hurricane victims must go thru.. I was dealing with a few trash cans... My heart goes out to them and hope they find fast relief...
Another thing I do at lunch is grab the mail... I saw this package:
I noticed the stamps said Australia... I said to myself, who have I talked to from there??? I had no idea, I already had lost some time picking up the trash so I thought I better get lunch together first... then I said NOOOO I want to know what is in that package...LOL It was this beautifully wrapped package....Again, I started to get my lunch so I could sit down and finish opening the gift, lunch was in the microwave and .. well... you know what happened.. I tore it open and I got the surprise of my life.... It was my my bag from Linda's bag swap, I must tell you a story though.. I am very new at all this and was in one other swap before this one.. in that swap the person I mailed to also mailed to me.. I guess I thought that is how they worked...LOL I was expecting a package from Georgia.. SO, I really had no clue what was in the package.. Here it is>>>>>>>>
KERRY>> THANK YOU!!!!
I love my bag! There was a wonderful card that looks like Iris paper folding. Kerry's note said she browsed my blog to see what things I like... first do you see on the left>>
that little dragonfly zipper pull.. HOW DID SHE KNOW I LOVE DRAGONFLIES??? I really do!
Also, included where some scrapbooking stickers. The lovely friendship panel, a fat quarter pattern. Also, Kerry included a flyer about where she is from I thought that was such a great idea. In the note she said "Hope I have succeeded" YES YES YES>> THANK YOU AGAIN
Kerry, if you have email or a blog please send it my way!! azkimbo@yahoo.com
Linda, I had so much fun and boy was I surprised.. I won't try to guess anymore who or what...LOL
Well, to end my day I wanted to tell you I am sooo excited even more.. Tuesday I was invited to attend the Textile Show in Las Vegas with my friend Turtle. I will take pictures and report back this will be my first time doing this.. I guess the closest thing to compare would be Road to CA. Only I get to meet the fabric reps and help her pick fabric.. WOOOHOOOO!!!! AND we get a free lunch.
Keep Smiling!
Kimbo :)

4 comments:

picperfic said...

hello there? Were you my bag swap pal? I am so in love with my bagsket, it is perfect!

picperfic said...

oops sorry...I just realised that you're not...but you look like you do some lovely and fun work though!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful parcel you received. Did you end up being able to contact Kerry? If not let me know and I'll send you her info.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a great pkg you received. You silly girl. LOLOL